Work Permits for H4 Spouses Available May 26, 2015


DACA Photo

As part of President Obama’s Executive Action on Immigration Reform, H-4 spouses will be eligible for work authorization in the United States beginning on May 26, 2015.

Here is who will be eligible for work permits:

Spouses in H-4 Status, whose H1-B husband or wife has an approved I-140 Petition (visa petition for an employment based green card) but cannot file for a green card because of the waiting line for a visa. An immigration law known as “AC21” authorizes the extension of H1-B status indefinitely for H1-B workers who have an approved I-140 but cannot file for permanent residence due the limited number of visas available each year. President Obama’s executive action will now allow the spouses of such persons to obtain work authorization while the family waits for permanent residence status. The immigration reform of President Obama will provide significant relief to what is often many years of waiting for high level workers.

Therefore, if you are in H-4 status and your spouse has an approved I-140, you will be eligible for a work permit.

Call Hykel Law today to file your H-4 work authorization, or if need be your spouse’s I-140 petition (employment based green card).


We Help Solve Immigration Challenges

How can we help you? Click on one of the boxes below to get started:


Employment & Investment Visas

Although it often comes with controversy, immigration into the United States has always played a major role in the strength of its economy. Perhaps no one understands this more than the residents of Philadelphia, where the Liberty Bell still welcomes foreigners to one of the richest historical communities of our country.


Family Visas

Not knowing or understanding the system and laws of the U.S. can be a disadvantage for many foreign immigrants who wish to obtain permanent residency in the United States, either for themselves or for their loved ones. Hykel Law’s Family-Based Immigration Services can lead you through the complicated process to achieve either temporary or permanent residency, depending on your situation.


Deportation Defense

Are you afraid of deportation? If you are a foreign national involved in the beginning stages of removal proceedings, the deportation attorney at Hykel Law in Philadelphia can help prevent this unfortunate situation. We can evaluate your immigration case and find the best strategy to defend you from removal proceedings to help you stay in the United States.

Call Now ButtonCall Us Now